April , 2021
(Hethel, UK – 27 April 2021) – Lotus has today confirmed the name of its eagerly anticipated all-new sports car will be EMIRA.
The news was confirmed during the Driving Tomorrow global digital conference broadcast. To date it has been known only by its codename, the Lotus Type 131.
Emira means ‘commander’ or ‘leader’ – highly appropriate for this new Lotus sports car
The world debut of Lotus Emira will be on Tuesday 6 July
• Five new versions with enhanced specification to celebrate end of production later this year
• Increases in power and performance, design upgrades and new colours
A New Year and a New Future: New Lotus sports car series confirmed Elise, Exige and Evora embark on final year of production
• New series sports car production confirmed for Hethel, UK
• £100m+ investment into all-new manufacturing facilities
• Further job creation to support increased volumes
• End of production planned for Evora, Exige and Elise in 2021